Thursday, February 12, 2009

Information Overload

So I have been thinking about going back to college because lets face it I am a single mother and I am tired of being broke after working 40+ hours a week at a job I have been at for 5 years and still don't make enough to be comfortable. I no longer have the urge to live paycheck to paycheck but really who does. Anyway I took the placement test and did wonderful in English and writing go figure.... but the math portion was a little hard for me since I haven't picked up a math book since I was a sophomore in high school and even then I really didn't learn anything at all! So I was admitted and well I am now stuck in a class I like to call idiot math and it is even hard for me so I guess I should have taken stupid idiot math but this class was already full of stupid idiots that were smart enough to enroll in classes b4 they were all full.... :o) I wish someone would have slapped me when I was 15 and in algebra 1 and saying why do I need to know what x ='s.... this explains so much. Now I know why I needed to know what x equals but still don't really know how to figure out how get that answer..... oh the irony!!! I am also taking a Government class and it is pretty easy (thank goodness) and Psychology which I am taking online and that is really easy for me since all we need to do is type up essays on our opinion so far!!!!

I really don't know what I was thinking when I decided that I would work a full time job and take full time classes for college but its been pretty rewarding so far. I do, however, sit at work trying to keep my eyes open but my hourly wage isn't great enough to not allow at least one nap in 5 yrs... any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!

0 comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My Photo
Andrea
Mom of 1!! Maya she is 11 and in her first year of middle school, which is an experience unlike any other!!
View my complete profile