100. My middle name is Dawn.
99. My dads middle name is Don.
98. When I was younger I didnt like my middle name... but now it seems a little flower child hippy fun to me!
97. When I was young I also didnt like my last name (Potter) but now i love it and embrace it, for it is my heritage!!
96. I hate it when people ask me my name because I think I say Andrea funny. Maybe a little Texas twang to it. hehe
95. I named my daughter Maya after Maya Angelou because she seems so wise and my mothers middle name is May and my grandmothers name was Mayme.
94. When I was a kid I wanted to be a makeup artist when I grew up.
93. I was born @ an army base.
92. We left that army base when I was 2 but I still remember playing with our neighbor his name was june bug and he had a riding toy police motorcycle.
91. I can remember #92 but cant remember to get my sunglasses off the bathroom counter!!
90. I have 3 brothers and one sister
89. I have 8 neices and 2 nephews!!
88. My favorite drink is iced tea cut in half (half sweet half unsweet when ordered @ a restraunt)
87. I love coffee but try not to drink it anymore.
86. I also love Starbucks but try not to go there anymore as well because they have soo many calories and the stuff without calories doesnt taste as good.
85. no one usually laughs at my jokes but me... hehe :o)
84. my friend shawna usually gets my jokes... hehe
83. My favorite thing to do is go out with my friends but I almost always stay home.
82. Next time I am asked I will go out!!!
81. The best summers ever almost all had something to do with summer camp.
80. I wish I could still go to summer camp!
79. I have to go to the dentist today :o( toothache!!
78. I get more nervous about the dentist now then when I was a child!!
77. I am soo happy that I still talk to my childhood best friends.
76. I am super happy that they have both done well and are raising beautiful children!
75. My Lubbock friends are super fun and there is never a dull moment with them!!!
74. I would like to go to Las Vegas this year!!!!
73. I love horses
72. My favorite colors are green and pink
71. I wish I could bake but for some reason I suck at it!!
70. I want a St. Bernard!!
69. I have a super sensitive nose... no really, its like my super power!!!
68. I miss getting to see my friends face to face....
67. I have never broken a bone....
66. I was poisoned once by our neighbor and in the hospital when I was 4 or 5.
65. I hate clutter and messes but I super HATE cleaning and laundry!!!
64. I am looking for a place to move to this summer.
63. I still have boxes in my garage that I didnt unpack when I moved in 2 years ago!!
62. My favorite tv show right now is Deadliest Catch.
61. I have no clue why I like that show either!!
60. I like Tulips.
59. I like to grow vegtables but they always die!!
58. I definately do not have a green thumb!!!
57. I wish I could stop the genocide in Darfur!
56. I have never been to California or NYC and want to go to both!!
55. I am 5'2 and 3/4 on a good day!
54. I am the shortest in my family! except the kids!
53. Ok, except the little kids; almost everyone over the age of 11 is as tall as or taller than me including my child Maya!!
52. I like being short! :o)
51. It is hard to list 100 things about yourself!!
50. I love my daughter Maya!!!!
49. I like taking road trips!!!
48. I enjoy shopping ALL the time!!!
47. One of my favorite stores is Kirklands!!!
46. No one ever wants to go shopping with me because, as Maya puts it, I go down every isle!!! hehe
45. My favorite sweet is Baskin Robbins Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream!
44. Both my mother and my father have 4 letters in their first name and 3 letters in their middle name!!
43. I think ALL little girls should always have a matching hairbow!
42. My daughter doesnt often wear hairbows anymore... :o(
41. Pampa High School was soo much better than the Lubbock, Tx school system!
40. Went to Austin for the first time last month.
39. It was the most fun trip I have ever taken w/ out kids!!
38. The was the farthest I had ever been from my daughter!
37. I currently have 7 different packs of gum in my purse
36. I quit smoking in July 2008
35. I started again on my trip to Austin... :o(
34. I quit smoking again 3 days ago.... and I am doing great!!!
33. Its not as hard as you might think to quit smoking
32. The hardest thing is not buying a new pack!!!
31. I dont understand people who do drugs all the time, I know that sounds strange.
30. I drive a Jeep Chorokee.
29. and I love it!!
28. I enjoy a good thrift store now and then!!
27. I procrastinate about everything!!!!!
26. I like to read
25. I havent read a book since before christmas.
24. I only have kept in touch with a couple of people that I was friends in High school with,
25. however I do still speak with some from junior high and before.
24. I wish I could write a book.
23. I have no idea what I would write a book about!
22. My daughter has ADHD
21. A child with ADHD is difficult and thank God everyday for her!!
20. and I thank God that she wasnt twins!! lol
19. I think I might start reading Angels and Demons sothat I can watch the movie when it comes out!!
18. When I was young I wanted braces..... lol
17. Now that I am older I am glad I didnt need them!!
16. My favorite number is 13.
15. I have no idea why I need a favorite number lol
14. I still watch the same stuff on TV that I did when I was 15 and MTV is still one of my favorite channels
13. I like ~ NO LOVE ~ Music!!! ALL Music!!!
12. I dont have a favorite type of music or fav singer!!
11. I have an amp under my backseat and sometimes I go ghetto in my car!!!! BASS BOOM!! lol
10. I secretly wish I could skateboard/snowboard.
9. This will never happen!!!
8. I had my lips peirced once
7. I would rather text message than talk on the phone!! Most of the time!!
6. I like silly teeny bopper movies
5. My favorite subject in school was history
4. I still enjoy history!
3. I am going to Oklahoma this summer
2. and I am super excited
1. I need to start saving for that trip !! lol :o)
Thursday, April 23, 2009
100. My middle name is Dawn.
Posted by Andrea at 11:57 AM
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Posted by Andrea at 10:54 AM
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Uncle Jimmy is blind but that never stopped him from loving music!!!!!
Posted by Andrea at 9:42 AM
Monday, March 2, 2009
I just wanted to make note of our mornings since the last post, up until today they were pretty much the same as everyother day. This morning Maya actually got up and went to lay down on the livingroom floor.... crazy nut.... Anyway I once again informed her that I would need her to be dressed before I got out of the shower, and so ok she wasnt dressed when I got out of the shower but she was actually up and moving around and really what more could I ask for on a Monday morning from someone that HATES to get out of bed in the morning? ;o) So Maya did very well this morning. I dont ask for perfection people, I only want some attempt to cooperate!! Way to go Maya!!! Whoot Whoot!! lol
Posted by Andrea at 1:07 PM
Friday, February 20, 2009
Mornings in my house are dreadful!! - My eleven year old has trouble going to sleep due to the amount of medication she takes and that keeps her up late and the doctor can only tell me to give her some other type of medication (Benedryl) to help her go to sleep ( which is kinda disturbing ??) I hate having to give her medication of any sort but somethings cant be helped and it is the only thing that keeps her teachers sane I am sure! So its either drug up my child more or let her try to fall asleep on her own and I usually let her fall asleep on her own. I dont want to make her feel that she needs some sort of medication to function!!! Is ADHD medication a necessary evil or is it not necessary at all!! My opinion changes daily on this issue!! and I have no clue what to think about it..... Anyway back to this morning - we were running late and I woke her up and told her that we were late and she would need to try to hurry.... so after a little coaxing she gets up and walks to the kitchen to warm up her jeans in the dryer (something I let her do so that she will get out of bed since she always uses the "its cold" excuse). Since she is moving around I go into the bathroom to shower (quickly) and get ready... sooo I am through showing and leave the bathroom to get dressed and what should I find??? well its my child laying on the couch IN HER PJ'S!! Let me just remind you I am almost late for work... and as soon as I remind her not so nicely the we need to leave soon, I hear, "LEAVE ME ALONE" ... OK so let me just tell you that she (and I) froze and I had to count to 10 because we am on the verge of all out war in the living room and my 11 year old is already halfway to her room and I REALLY don't have time for this at the moment.. I simply walk down the hall and let her know that I will be in possession of her cell phone while she is grounded.... OMG you would have thought killed someone with all the crying that went on..... Should I feel guilty for not feeling bad for breaking my child's heart... sorry folks NOPE!! Her room and maybe the garage (and a few other things.. hehe) should be nice and clean by the time Monday morning rolls around....
I already know what she will say as soon I as gets in the car after school.... I am sorry Mom..... and I will feel sad when I tell her that she is still GROUNDED!
Posted by Andrea at 3:42 PM
Thursday, February 12, 2009
I really don't know what I was thinking when I decided that I would work a full time job and take full time classes for college but its been pretty rewarding so far. I do, however, sit at work trying to keep my eyes open but my hourly wage isn't great enough to not allow at least one nap in 5 yrs... any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!
Posted by Andrea at 10:36 AM
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
So we basically spend our evening at the hotel so all the kids can swim which was fine with me since our room was right across from the pool so I could watch the kids from the room and not have to worry about two 11yr olds and 2 13 yr olds thinking that they are funny and splashing.. lol.... Sooo anyway around midnight I let the girls know that I will hang them from their toes if they open the door to the hotel and get some much needed sleep.... I have no clue when they went to sleep but when I woke up the room was in perfect order (mostly) ..... sorry housekeeping...lol
So since Lubbock doesn't have a Red Robin restaurant we decide we will go there since kids eat free all day everyday and I have 4 with me!! Red Robin a perfect family place WHY DO WE NOT HAVE ONE OF THESE IN LUBBOCK????? Lubbock is full on places to eat... since that is all there is to do around here... but no red robin???? Anyway if you get to go there try the Freckled Lemonade... its really good and comes in the cutest glass!! After dinner the kids wanna go to Cadillac Ranch to spray paint cars.... for those who don't know what this is .. its a place on historic Route 66 with old Cadillacs buried in the ground and you can spray paint them ... its kinda fun (google it lol) well the weather wasn't that great.. cold and sprinkly..... so we decided to go the zoo instead... I know its outside too but I have no sense... hehe..... but it was fun and Grandpa Jerry went with us and we got to spent some quality time with grandpa and the girls enjoyed making fun of the way grandpa talks... (if anyone watches King of the Hill think Boomhauer) He's from Texas and it is very obvious... but we love him!! Ok so after all of that we went to Uncle jakes and jens to play with baby Keira and it was time to head back home again.... so as we are dropping off the twins and Journey @ home we get a call from Lubbock telling me that there bad weather head that way!!! GREAT I get freaked out in the wind... but luckily the weather was fine all the way to Lubbock and only started to rain about a mile from my house!! WOO HOO... thank goodness... NE way that was Mayas and my weekend.... too fun hanging out with my nieces... now its back work for me and school for M boo hoo.... i will add pics later....
Posted by Andrea at 3:35 PM
Friday, January 9, 2009
go ahead copy and paste then google image the answers for yourself....
Posted by Andrea at 3:52 PM
Thursday, January 8, 2009
1. My only daughters first year in middle school it is now halfway through and we are surviving!! When school started I was nervous for M, I remember how crazy junior high was when i was younger and I went to school in the same school system but I am sooo excited that she seems to be handling it well and making good choices most of the time.
2. I decided that my new motto is - You'll never leave where you are unless you decide where you'd rather be!!!
3. We learned some friends are not in your life any longer for a reason (glad to have known them and they were important to me and will be missed and I wish them the best in all they do) and some should have never been gone in the first place. ( i have been blessed to have found a friend from childhood Mona who knew myspace would be so helpful).
4. We also learned that just because your child isn't a teenager doesn't mean that they won't act like one before your prepared to deal with it. I guess that's why they call them Tweens!!
5. I learned not to care if people are tailgating me on the highway, they're just wasting gas and why should it bother me if you are in a hurry to go nowhere because if it was that important you would have left early enough not to have to rush!!
6. Now that i have started thinking about it 2008 wasn't as bad as I thought. Bring on 2009!!!!
Posted by Andrea at 10:42 AM
- ▼ 2009 (9)
- Mom of 1!! Maya she is 11 and in her first year of middle school, which is an experience unlike any other!!